Tuesday, July 25, 2006

THERE ARE 3963 CRAZIER PEOPLE THAN ME

Everyone that knows me well knows that I am lost in the clouds metaphorically and physically. They know also that my eyes are usually looking at the clouds 90% of the time, while trying not to fall down, or be hit by any obstacles while I walk. That said I constantly seem to hit my toes and have broken so many of them they all point in different direction I name the clouds ( of course not with the real scientific names, example: Rock and Roll Clouds, English Clouds…. Does not sound scientific at all), photograph them, dream about them.
So as a consequence of all of this I am now member 3963 of the Cloud Appreciation Society, yes there are another 3962 crazy people like me. On our meetings we have to have the membership number written on our foreheads. Never been on a meeting but I can imagine it will be quite the event. Will post photos when I do, for now here you are our MANIFESTO:
WE BELIEVE that clouds are unjustly maligned and that life would be immeasurably poorer without them.
We think that they are Nature’s poetry, and the most egalitarian of her displays, since everyone can have a fantastic view of them.
We pledge to fight ‘blue-sky thinking’ wherever we find it. Life would be dull if we had to look up at cloudless monotony day after day.
We seek to remind people that clouds are expressions of the atmosphere’s moods, and can be read like those of a person’s countenance.
Clouds are so commonplace that their beauty is often overlooked. They are for dreamers and their contemplation benefits the soul. Indeed, all who consider the shapes they see in them will save on psychoanalysis bills.
And so we say to all who'll listen:
Look up, marvel at the ephemeral beauty, and live life with your head in the clouds!

3 Comments:

At 11:44 PM, Blogger Dean Hannas said...

Nice blog Ema. The clouds in Australia move in the opposite direction so just when you think it's safe to shoot one of your fluffy pesky things in the sky gets in the way ... hee hee

If you start describing all the faces you see in the clouds I'm going to wonder if you've been smoking some of B.C.s number one export. Ha Ha

Keep up the good work

Dean

 
At 9:23 AM, Blogger Ema said...

hey they are cute and should be appreciated. that said last year in St.Lucia i had to tell myself how much I love clouds and not get mad because sun and cloud changed every 30 sec. Perfect for calm photographers doing virtual tours!!!
did you do an underwater pano?
kisses ema

 
At 10:36 AM, Blogger Ema said...

hi Marek,

yes, sometimes when I see those type of clouds i imagine that inside there is another world of course the main population of which are Greek Gods eating grapes and drinking wine. if i see them while on the plane will write immediately.
will definetely catch up on cloud No 9.
kisses ema

 

Post a Comment

<< Home