Thursday, October 19, 2006

It's my Birthday....

I was born 29 years ago without heartbeat, I took my first breath minutes later and maybe that is why I love life and I fight for it every minute of every day. I love you mum!!!!
My Birthday started last night ( it was already the 19th in Bulgaria) so many phone calls and wonderful wishes.

This morning while waking up and smiling I was thinking for my passed Birthdays and where I was in the world.
My 23rd Birthday was spent with my family and friends in Bulgaria, I was still a student and had a fantastic day with my colleagues in the crazy Film, Theater and Art University. Great times.
My 24th in Paris all of the day with colleagues in Magnum Photo agency and than all night with my family drinking Champaign and eating tons of chocolate watching the night Paris, the Seine and the Eiffel Tower.
My 25th in Ankara, Turkey again with fantastic bunch of friends and many presents and of course some belly dancing.
The 26th in Mexico in a resort called El Tamarindo with a colleague of mine Darryl. We were photographing this amazing place with 29 private villas surrounded by incredible forest finishing on a private little lagoon. All was candle lit at night and had the most amazing atmosphere. After work we swam in the ocean ( floated is more like what we did) and I still remember Darryl singing “ It’s your Birthday” all day long.
The night finished with a cake and a candle and 5 Mexican waiters singing in broken English “Happy Birthday to you…..”
My 27th - Paris again, this time with another colleague of mine Art. We were doing destination work all day and it was hot, sunny and beautiful. In the evening we found a little corner restaurant on the coble streets close to the Opera and we drank a lot of wine and played a game of people watching.
My 28th – London. Finally a Birthday spent with Rob and I still remember we had amazing Columbus clouds on that day, together with amazing warm weather and a fantastic dinner in the evening.
Finally today I am 29, I feel young I feel like there is so much to achieve and that I will do it all. I had the most fantastic start of the day with Rob and a gift that made me so happy. A little blue camera. What else can a girl want!

1 Comments:

At 4:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!

I'm sending you an old photo. Enjoy it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home