Sunday, November 05, 2006

Merida the place for taking photos




Merida, the white city, an amazing place which has gathered so much history and has so many faces. Merida is the capital city of the Mexican state Yucatan, founded in 1512 and build over the Maya city of Ti'ho, also known as Ichcaanzih or land of the great "sihoes". The architecture is unbelievable and on the main boulevardard Plaseo Monteo one can find the most interesting Colonial buildings and in the same time if you dive in the small streets you are surrounded by the typical colorfulful one story buildings. Three differentent worlds.

Sunday morning I had time to go take some photos for myself and found out what Sunday really means in this city. All streets leading to the church are closed and thousands of people head for the morning service which was truly incredible and I managed to take some shots inside and than to bribe the old ladies outside to allow me to photograph them for a while. This is another of those magic places where I feel like photographing non stop. Oh yes this is a city where the sky is never cloudless, makes me love it even more.

Asta luego

Ema

2 Comments:

At 4:07 PM, Blogger Dean Hannas said...

Hey, I recognize that building! Been there, seen that too. Nice work Ema

 
At 8:15 AM, Blogger Ema said...

thanks! one of my friends acused me that in the text I sound more like the Lonely planet guide but trying to get some info out there!
kisses

 

Post a Comment

<< Home