Monday, December 18, 2006

...going home for Christmas



Yes it is Christmas time, well I can call it Christmas fever, when the stores in the UK are full of amazing pressies, cakes, cards and many many Father Christmases in all shapes and forms. Time for kids like little Abigail above to be waiting for the bearded men to come down the chimney late at night and live them tons of gifts. I remember my childhood, when Father Christmas did not exist, actualy Christmas did not exist either at least this is what we were told from the leaders of the comunist party, they wanted to erase every sign of Christian religion and anything that reminded the people that there is a free world out there. Instead we had Father Frost, who came for New Years Eve from Russia had a big red star on his hat and demanded vodka when we were offering milk and cookies. Inspite all of this we always had Christmas with my family and it was always white Christmas with so much snow we could build tunnels down the streets and have great snow ball fights. Now when I am watching all this crazy rush to buy presents and to buy more and more I am thiking that nothing of this can compare with my memories of secret Christmases where one present was speciall, one present was more than enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home