Wednesday, December 13, 2006

hidden treasures

Just about to head back to Europe and I bought the last National Geographic ( my favorite read while on the plane) and there it is an article about my little country. Bulgaria is famous with the Royal tombs of the Thracians build 5th and 3rd centuries B.C, which are full of incredible golden artifacts. National Geographic calls Bulgaria " El Dorado for the looters". The article tells the tale of the Tracians but also tells the story of a Bulgarian archeologist fighting to find as many of the gold treasures as he can before they are found by people who will never even appreciate the historical value. His name is Georgi Kitov and he is my person of the week. People like him at least try to safe this little country with so much heritage.

2 Comments:

At 2:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

They let you back in? I thought they finally got rid of you? Look at the size of those shoes, must be a bomb in them. It must be amazing to spend Christmas in Europe you lucky girl. Have fun

Dean

 
At 2:32 AM, Blogger Ema said...

yep they are seriously trying, i am creating too much trouble as usualy. still in the UK though so I don't know if they will let me back in Bulgaria.lol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home